Our client is a dynamic international company with a strong track record in marketing and sales of fine and specialty chemicals. The company is seeking an Industry Representative (Account Manager) for the EMEA Polymer market segment. This position is an integral part of a multi-disciplinary sales team and focuses on account management and retention of our valued customer base. Industry Representatives are responsible for maintaining and growing business with existing accounts within the coatings, inks, paints and adhesives territory.
A DAY IN YOUR NEW CAREER:
- Develop relationships with customers within coatings, inks, paints and adhesives territory, ranging from small/medium businesses to larger complex organizations.
- You will work in a team-based, telephone-driven sales environment that favors a targeted, tactical sales approach.
- Maintains understanding of customer's business, including their decision making process and competitive situations.
- Evaluates needs & opportunities and negotiate effectively to overcome obstacles and gain customer commitment.
- Communicate with new people every day, developing long-term partnerships with your customer while building trust and rapport.
- Perform collaboratively with your other sales team members to drive account growth.
- Develop technical expertise and knowledge of their products.
- Maintain and develop customer profiles with CRM.
- You will develop and maintain strong market awareness, and share your insights with your team.
- You will learn about different plant processes and chemical applications in a specific industry segment.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
Back to vacancies
- Four-year degree in science or engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Two or more years of sales experience in a B2B environment
- English language a prerequisite. Italian, French, Spanish language skills advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including strong Excel skills, required.
- Experience with CRM or similar databases highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to engage a wide variety of personality types at various professional skill-levels.
- Proactive, positive team player who is adaptable, flexible, and willing to take on new challenges and risks on a continual basis.
- Goal-oriented with entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership skills, and decision-making abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude and customer focused attitude is essential.